PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Cookies Policy Information
What are Cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files that a website places on the user’s computer (usually in a web browser such as Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, etc.), so that each time users connect to our website, the website recovers previously inserted information and provides users with the relevant services. A typical example of such information includes the user’s preferences on a website, as indicated by the user’s choices on that certain website (e.g. selection of specific “buttons”, searches, ads, etc.).
General information on Cookies classification
There are two types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are essential for the proper functioning of a website and for the user’s browsing experience on that website. Without these cookies, users may not be able to effectively display webpages or to use certain services.
- Profiling Cookies: these cookies are used in to generate user profiles in order to provide advertising content according to the user’s browsing preferences.
Cookies, either “technical” or “profiling” cookies, may also be classified as:
- “Session” cookies, which are deleted immediately upon closing the browser
- “Permanent” cookies, which remain on the browser for a certain amount of time. These cookies are used, for example, in order to identify a device that connects to a website, facilitating the user’s identification procedures.
- “Proprietary” cookies, which are created and managed directly by the operator of the site on which the user is browsing
- “Third party” cookies, which are created and managed by parties other than the operator of the site on which the user is browsing.
Our website uses “technical” cookies, and especially the following cookie types:
1. Proprietary cookies, session cookies or permanent cookies, which are necessary to browse the website as well as for purposes of internal security and systems management.
You may choose which cookies to give your consent to by clicking here. In the case of third-party cookies, users provide or refuse to provide their consent directly to the owner of that cookie, to which the Company simply refers: most third-party cookies on the site can be disabled by the users in their own browser or by visiting the websites of their service providers directly, using the links listed in the table below. In any case, we note that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the site and / or make the most of all available features and services.
More specific classification of Cookies according to their function:
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies allow the site’s basic features, such as browsing and accessing secure areas of the site, adding products to the cart and completing purchases. Necessary cookies are required for the site’s proper function and in order to serve the purpose of the user’s visit (e.g. completing a purchase).
2. Functionality cookies
These cookies are used for the proper and smooth functioning of the page and allow the website to “memorize” the user’s options, in order to provide improved and customized features according to his/ her needs and interests. This category also includes cookies with information, such as shopping cart, as well as information on safe browsing.
3. Performance cookies
These cookies help us understand how visitors use and interact with various pages, by collecting and reporting anonymous information.
By using the above cookies, we are able to identify if users are having trouble and if a page needs improvement. These cookies are used for useful reports on how to improve the overall performance of our site.
4. Targeting / Advertising cookies
These cookies are used to provide users content that best fits the user’s needs and interests. They may be used to send targeted advertising or personalized offers to the user. They also help us measure the performance of advertising campaigns.
How to check cookies
The Detailed Cookie Table is available at www.heron.gr